Ditton Family Archive
Abraham Ditton was born in Mackay in 1868. In 1885 he left there with Edmond Atherton taking the first cattle to Medlothian and Delta Stations. After years of prospecting and contract droving, he settled on Ellenvale Station. In 1915, he moved to Hinchinbrook Park Station which was later run by two of his sons, Alan and Victor. The owner of two properties in the district, Abraham Ditton, was a member of Thuringowa Shire Council. These records contain a diary and good early records of Hinchinbrook Park.
Archive Location: 38R
DFR/1 1931-46 stock book.
DFR/2 1943-49 letter book.
DFR/3 1938 diary includes 1939-43 entries.
DFR/4 1942-68 Hinchinbrook Park ledger.
DFR/5 Album of clippings, dried flowers, cards and handwritten (copied) poems.
DFR/6 1922-75 correspondence (fragile condition).
DFR/7 Various account figures (loose pages), receipts, Maxwelton Station account figures (loose pages) and Australian Workers' Union tickets.
DFR/8 Survey office plans of pastoral leases - Kangerong, Goldborough and Mt. Observatory (1950s).