Archival Holdings Home

Cathedral School of St Anne and St James Archive

St Anne's Church of England Girls School opened in Townsville in July 1917. By 1921 the school had grown considerably occupying a site bounded by Wills, Stokes and Walker Streets in the city centre. School operations were dislocated during 1941-42. Service personnel took over the school's premises and the school's operations were transferred to a site in Ravenswood. After World War II school operations expanded and a site away from the crowded city centre was needed. Land was bought in Aitkenvale in1953 and the new school opened in August 1958. From 1970 boys were enrolled as day students. In 1979-80 the name of the school was changed to The Cathedral School of St. Anne and St. James.

Archives Location: 166R,168L

Detailed Listing

CS1 Annual Reports, 1918 -1936

CS2 Annual Reports, 1937 - 1949

CS3 Annual Reports, 1950 - 1964

CS4 Annual Reports, 1966 - 1973

CS5 Annual Reports, 1974 - 1979

CS6 Annual Reports, 1980 - 1987

Top of Page