Ruby Queen Gold Mining Company Archive
Originally registered under the Mining Companies' Act of 1863 to 1896, as he Ruby and Victoria Gold Mining Company Limited, of Charters Towers, in August 1902, later changed to the Ruby Queen Gold Mining Company Limited. Ninety-thousand shares were issued at five shillings each. Provisional Directors were: R J Sayers, Dir. Brilliant and St George United, Mills' United, and Day Dawn Gold Mines; E Tubbs, Dir. Coronation G M Co.; J Matthews, Mgr Brilliant and St George Mill, and Cyanide Works; and T Byrne, Mgr St Patrick Cyanide Works. The company was formed to take over and develop a fifty acre lease on Excelsior Ridge between the Victoria Gold Mine and the Ruby United Gold Mine.
Archive Location: 24L
RQ/SR/1 Share register for the period September 1902 to December 1941