Kenion and Company Limited Archive
Kenion and Co. were commission agents and general merchants in the late 1800s in North Queensland. The earliest newspaper articles found on the firm are from 1881. The firm opened stores in Cairns, Lower Herbert, Ingham, Brisbane and London. It was one of the first firms to open in Ingham.
John Anderson and Bessie Kenion in Toowong had a daughter Clara Kate who married Dalglish from Ingham in 1891. They appeared to have moved north to Stanton Hill in Townsville.
Archive Location: 22L
KCR/MR/1 Condition fragile
1924-1946 minutes of Directors' meetings of Kenion & Co. Ltd at the registered office of the company, Burns Philp & Co., Townsville.