Greenvale Station on the upper Burdekin formed part of the original Valley of Lagoons run and was held by the Atkinson Family for a long period. The property was subsequently subdivided and the family established a new homestead on Lucky Downs. The site of the Queensland Nickel Mine and Greenvale township are on the original Greenvale Station lease. These records are held by Mr Henry Atkinson of Lucky Downs.
The diaries cover the years 1922 - 1980 with the exceptions of 1944, 1960 and 1961. The entries are generally brief, recording daily station activities, visitors, weather, etc. There were at least three diarists but the main one was Mr James Atkinson.
See the Atkinson Family Archive at 16R.